Based on the strong belief of the (BCCI: Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce and industry) in the importance of providing high quality services to the registered members in the diverse sectors: commercial, industrial, and service. The different sectors have a major role in supporting and developing the Palestinian economy and due to the importance of well-trained people and the increasing demand from these sectors in this regards; BCCI has founded the TVET Unit in April 2016, to raise the efficiency of workers and improve the condition of vocational and technical education training in the governorate of Bethlehem, hence contribute in the development of the economy. Basically the main objective of this unit is to strengthen the role of vocational training in the governorate, in addition to building the capacity of employees and workers in various sectors in Bethlehem and respond to the continuously changing market needs through customized trainings based on needs- assessment studies.
- Promoting for the vocational training in the governorate.
- Organizing training courses and workshops, based on training needs-assessment studies (for the registered members.)
- Strengthen the association and network with vocational training institutions.
- Respond to changes in the labor market and through customized training programs.
- Needs-Assessment studies.
- Study the Quality of the skills attained by the Graduates of the Vocational Training Centers.
- Undergo studies – Primarily market needs studies.
- Strengthen the communication with the private sector.