The Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BCCI) is an independent and non-profit organization with public benefit, which represents the private sector in the governorate, and has an important role in the economic scope of work as well. BCCI is one of the leading associations that strengths the economy in the governorate, and in spite of all obstacles it is attracting new investments in collaboration with investment associations to achieve sustainable development. It dedicates all efforts to help members of its General Assembly to withstand the hard conditions and encourage them to grow and expand.
We work on providing better services to our members and the community through counseling, guidance and capacity development using technological methods. We also work on an effective representation for our members and defend their interests. Besides, we work on activating the partnership with civil society organizations and the public sector. We also focus on empowering marginalized groups, entrepreneurs, youth and women.
In addition, we work to raise the quality of the national products and promote them internally and externally. We strive to raise the capacities of our employees so that their institutional performance is distinguished in order to achieve the highest standards of transparency, openness and freedom of opinion.
The philosophy of BCCI is to encourage the spirit of cooperation and initiative among the members & staff and the institutional cooperation to achieve sustainable economic development in the community. BCCI considers its activities derived from the needs and priorities of its members and has committed itself in a set of values to help achieve its vision. Among these values: integrity, accountability, transparency, integration and adaptation to change, openness, social responsibility, professionalism and adherence to international standards in performance.
1. Organize commercial and industrial interests of the private sector associations in the governorate affiliated to the Chamber, and representing them at the various stakeholders within & outside the country, and defends the various issues related to taxes, customs, import & export and laws & regulations.
2. Support and develop local industries (consultations, training courses, exhibitions).
3. Develop and increase the size of exports of the national products to external markets, and establish solid business relationships with the Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Arab and foreign countries.
4. Promote the culture of the private sector through the issuance and exchange of statistics and distribution of business pamphlets and brochures.
5. Arbitrate in commercial disputes.
A Chamber with an outstanding performance to achieve sustainable economic prosperity.
1. Strengthen the economic activity for the business community in the governorate.
2. Improve services delivery and enhance communication with members.
3. Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the performance of BCCI.
4. Improve BCCI financial resources through fundraising.